Note: These "Heirloom recipes" were taken from a copy of Mom ("Ralph") Dorrington's 1970's out-of-print Warner women's cookbooks. This editor exercised some judgment to make the recipes more readable.
1 lb hamburger
1 large onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 [ 15 1/2 oz ] jar pizza or spaghetti sauce
4 oz. pepperoni slices
8 to 10 oz grated mozzarella
1. Brown hamburger with onion. Drain off fat. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Bring 3 to 4 qts water to boil in large pan with 1 TBS salt.
3. Add macaroni and boil, uncovered 10 to 12 min then drain.
4. Mix sauce with macaroni and hamburger.
5. Place in casserole alternating layers with pepperoni and cheese. Top with cheese and
bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes at 350.
Mom ("Ralph") Dorrington
Ham n' Crescent
1 8 oz can crescent rolls
1 T Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
2 cp Monterey jack cheese, cut in 1/2" cubes
2 c ham, cut in 1/2" cubes
2 T green pepper, chopped
1. Line bottom of greased baking dish with crescent rolls to make a crust.
2. Mix rest of ingredients and pour over rolls.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
4. Pie may be made ahead and refrigerated.
12 slices bacon, cooked
1 cp Swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz)
1/3 cp onion, finely chopped
2 cp milk
1/2 cp Bisquick
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
nutmeg and cayenne (optional)
1. Grease 9" or 10" pie plate. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion evenly over
2. Blend remaining ingredients on high speed for 1 minute.
3. Pour into pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes
3 pkg frozen spinach, chopped and drained
pkg dry onion soup mix
1 8 oz container sour cream
pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook spinach and drain thoroughly.
2. Place spinach in buttered casserole dish with remaining ingredients..
3. Mix well and sprinkle with pepper and grated cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees till hot.