Note: With only a few changes, this recipe is largely from Shrimp, Jay Harlow. He suggests rice pilaf as accompaniment, but this cook prefers pasta. Other recipes use chicken broth. Scampi Rockefeller from epicurious.com places ingredients and sauce on top of sautéed onions, garlic and spinach leaves and bakes for about 8 minutes.
1 T olive oil
1-1 ½ lb large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ lb linguine
4 large cloves garlic, minced
½ cp green onions or shallots, minced
4 T white wine
juice of 1 lemon
2 T parsley
5 T butter, softened
2 T grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1. Heat water for boiling linguine.
2. Heat oil on high heat, almost till smoking. Add shrimp, cook till opaque, then keep warm in toaster oven.
3. Turn heat down, add a little more olive oil if necessary and add garlic and onions. Sautee till browned, then add wine, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper. Cook till reduced, remove from heat, and swirl in the butter.
4. Add linguine to boiling water and cook 10-14 minutes.
5. While pasta is cooking, return shrimp to pan and toss with sauce.
6. Keep warm till pasta is cooked. Serve shrimp over pasta and top with cheese.