Note: Habaneros (Scotch Bonnet) are top on the heat index, so use judiciously! Recipe calls for pork, but this sauce works for fish and chicken as well. We use chicken wings and split breasts. Serve with rice, beans, and Cornbread.
1. If habaneros are dried, hydrate in hot water for several minutes. If fresh, seed chiles first. Wear gloves!
2. Puree all ingedients in blender.
3. Toss sauce with pork strips, or pour over chicken parts and marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
4. If grilling, use mesquite or oak chips for added flavor and toss a few allspice berries over coals. Use skewers for pork, cook only 2-3 minutes per side and baste with sauce.
5. If baking, set temp at 400 degrees and bake about 15 minutes. Reduce temp to 350 degrees. Pork strips should cook quickly. I cover chicken with tin foil the first 30 minutes. It prevents chicken from drying out and sauce from evaporating. Turn chicken when half cooked. Last 15 minutes, remove cover and turn up oven briefly to brown chicken.