Insalata di Tortellini
Source: Playboy Magazine
Note: Lends itself to substitutions. Tuna or salmon instead of ham, julienne strips of Monterey jack, gouda, or gruyere cheese, would work nicely. See Salad Dressings, or use your favorite Italian dressing.
24 oz tortellini (you can substitute ravioli, though they're not as delicate as
6 oz Black Forest ham (or other good quality cooked ham), cut in julienne strips
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in julienne strips
3/4 cp cooked broccoli, cut in small pieces
1/2 cp minced scallions
1 t fresh dill
2 T grated parmesan cheese
Garnish: radishes, cornichons, fennel sticks
1. Cook tortellini in boiling, salted water just til tender, 4-5 minutes.
2. Cook quickly in colander under cold running water; drain well.
3. Add to Soho Charcuterie Vinaigrette in bowl, along with remaining ingredients, except
garnish. Toss gently.
4. Chill about 1/2 hour before serving.
5. Arrange on platter and decorate with garnishes.