Mashed Potatoes and Kale
1 cp milk
8 T (1 stick) butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
8 cps, approximately, kale, coarsely chopped
4 lbs potatoes, peeled, cut into 1" pieces
1. Combine milk, 2 T butter and bay leaf in medium saucepan. Set aside.
2. Melt 1 T butter in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, saute till light brown,
about 8 minutes.
3. Add kale, cover and cook till tender, stirring often, about 25 minutes,
4. While kale is cooking, place potatoes in pan and cover with water. Bring to boil slowly,
or you may need to add more water, and cook till tender easier said than done
about 25 minutes.
5. Drain. Return to pot and mash. Add kale mixture, adding enough milk and rest of
melted butter to make mixture smooth.