Source: Mom ("Ralph") Dorrington (Mom's Recipes)
Note:. Makes 12. Martha Stewart adds blue cheese to her recipe and refrigerates it before cooking. Planter will shoot for a low-fat version-- substituting oil for the butter and milk for the heavy cream.
3 T unsalted butter
4 medium size eggs
1 cp flour
freshly ground black pepper [ to taste ]
1/2 cp heavy cream
1 cp milk
1/4 cp fresh chives, snipped fine, or freeze dried
1. Grease muffin tins with 1 T butter.
2. Melt remaining 2 T In a food processor with steel blade, or hand whisk.
3. Process eggs, flour, salt and pepper for 10 seconds.
4. With motor running, slowly pour in cream, milk and melted butter. Process until smooth.
Remove to a bowl and fold in chives.
5. Fill buttered muffin tins 2/3 full with batter. Place on middle rack of oven and bake at
400 degrees for 35 min.