Mary Eaves' Pumpkin Cheesecake
Note: Best if refrigerated overnight.
For the filling:
1 very small fresh pumpkin or butternut squash
1 1/4 lbs cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cp maple syrup
1/2 cp whipping cream or plain yogurt
1 t blackstrap molasses
1 T vanilla
2 T arrowroot
1/2 t cinnamon
pinch each of ground cloves, allspice, and nutmeg
For the crust:
2 pkg (1/2 lb) graham crackers, finely crumbled
1/2 cp butter, melted
1/4 cp honey
1. Prepare pie crust by spreading in pie pan, building sides up high. Bake for 5
2. Cut of stem of pumpkin or squash, cut in half lengthwise, place cut sides down, fill pan
with about 1/4" water, bake fo 45 minutes or till soft.
3. Scoop out enough pulp to measure 1 3/4 cp and freeze extra.
4. Beat cream cheese till smooth.
5. Puree pulp with maple syrup in blender.
6. Whip all ingredients together till creamy.
7. Pour filling evenly over crust. Bake at 375 degrees. Cake is done even if center is not
completely set. Cool a minimum of two hours.
Mary Eaves, Andover, NH