Note: Requires 1 hour chilling.
8 firm fresh leeks, each 1 to 1 1/2" diameter
1/2 cp Creole vinaigrette sauce
1. Cut off roots of leeks, strip off withered leaves.
2. Line them up in a row and cut off green tops so each leek is 6"-7" long.
3. Slit green parts in half lengthwise, stopping within about 1/2" of root ends.
4. Spread and wash carefully.
5. Lay them in heavy skillet or casserole (one or two layers). Pour enough cold water to
cover by about 1" and bring to boil over high heat.
6. Reduce heat to low, cover pan partially, and simmer for 10 minutes, or til leeks show
slight resistance when pierced with fork.
7. With tongs or slotted spoon, transfer to double thickness paper towels and drain for
8. Arrange them in serving dish or platter and pour vinaigrette sauce over them.
9. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.