Pepper Jelly Cheesecake
Source: Mom (Ralph) & Liz Dorrington, possibly from Boston Globe
2 8-oz packages of cream cheese
10 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz pepper jelly, jalapeno or sweet
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the first four ingredients in a food processor, then add half the pepper jelly and blend.
3. Oil a 9 inch spring-form pan and pour mixture into it.
4. Place another pan filled with water on oven floor or on rack beneath the cake to help keep cheese cake from drying.
5. Bake 4 minutes, or until brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool on a rack then refrigerate for several hours before serving.
7. Remove rim from spring form pan, spread remaining 4 ounces of pepper jelly over the top of the cake, and serve with a basket of crackers.
(Crackers should not be to salty.) Best served at room temperature.