1. Tarragon Carrots
Note: Even kids like this veggie dish!
2 lbs carrots, peeled
1 t salt
5 T butter
1 t sugar
2 t tarragon
1/4 cp minced parsely
1/4 cp minced scallions,
incl 2" green leaves
Cut carrots 1/8" diagonal slices
Melt butter in large skillet. Add tarragon, scallions, salt, sugar. Stir
Add carrots, remove from heat, toss until well coated.
Transfer to heavy tin foil. Fold lengthwise tightly & on ends for tight seal.
Preheat oven to 350 . Place carrots on cookie sheet.
Bake 1 hr
Lucille 'Mom' Dorrington
2. Mustard Glazed Carrots
2 lbs carrots, cut into 1/4" thick slices
1/2 cp water
3 T Dijon mustard
2 T brown suar
1. Combine carrots and water in 3-quart pan. Bring to boil and cover.
2. Reduce heat and cook till crisp-tender (about 10 minutes).
3. Drain and return to pan.
4. Add butter, mustard and sugar. Cook, stirring till carrots are glazed.
5. Sprinkle with parsley.
3. Glazed Carrots
Note: A blend of Gourmet and Martha Stewart Magazine recipes.
(Martha Stewart adds fresh ginger and leaves 1" of the stems on the carrots.) Both
recipes call for baby carrots. Serves 6.
1 1/4 pounds regular or baby carrots, trimmed, peeled, and sliced if necessary
1 T unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 T chile pepper, diced, or chile flakes
1. In a steamer set over boiling water steam the carrots till tender, about 4 to 8
or until they are just tender, and transfer them to a bowl.
2. In a skillet, melt the butter with the honey and the lemon juice, stirring until the
mixture is smooth, and add the carrots and peppers.
3. Cook the mixture over moderately low heat, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until
the carrots are glazed evenly and heated through, and season it with salt and pepper.