Beans and Chorizo (Ezqualdon Itarrak)
Source: Mom's Recipes
1 lb dried pinto beans
1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1 inch lengths
1/2 lb chorizo sausage ,sliced
1 large green pepper, diced
1 large onion ,diced 5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
2 t worcestershire sauce
1 t chili powder
2 bay leaves
1 t thyme
1/2 t rosemary
1 T parsley, chopped
2 t salt
1. Clean and rinse beans. Soak in four cups cold water overnight.
2. Change water and put beans in large stockpot with enough water to cover. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer.
3. As beans simmer, fry bacon and sausage over medium heat until sausage is cooked through.
4. Add pepper,onion and garlic and cook until vegetables are soft.
5. Add spices [except salt] and mix thoroughly. Add to beans cover and continue simmering stirring frequently until beans are soft- about 1/2 hr.