Blueberry Spice Jam -- Penn State Extension Service
Yields about 5 half-pints. (Planter got 7 half-pints using the same measurements, so be prepared with additional sterilized jars and lids.) Try this on Lemon-Yogurt Muffins.
2 1/2 pt ripe blueberries
1 T lemon juice
1/2 t ground nutmeg or cinnamon (I used 1/4 t each for a less cinnamony taste)
5 1/2 cp sugar
3/4 cp water
1 box (1 3/4 oz) powdered pectin
1. Wash and thoroughly crush blueberries, one layer at a time, in a large saucepan.
2. Add lemon juice, spice, and water.
3. Stir in pectin and bring to a full rolling boil over high heat., stirring frequently.
4. Add sugar and return to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat, quickly skim off foam and fill into sterile half-pint jars, leaving 1/4"
6. Adjust lids and process jars and process according to USDA altitude chart (5 minutes for